Tiktok, the video hosting service created by ByteDance, has a sister app called Douyin. While Tiktok caters to international users, Douyin has been created exclusively for the user base in China.
While the working of both apps can be very similar, the content you get is totally different. Although Douyin is restricted to the Chinese region and you won’t see it in your app store outside China, that doesn’t mean you cannot download and experience it.
So, in this post, I’m going to show you a workaround to download and use Douyin – the Chinese version of Tiktok – on your iPhone.
- Launch the App Store and tap on the Search icon on the bottom right.
- Tap on your avatar on the top right to access your Account Information.
- Here, tap on your account name > Country/Region > Change Country or Region.
- Search and select/tap China, and then tap Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Select None for Payment Method.
- Fill up a random Billing Address, you can refer to the screenshot below for an example, then tap Next, following with a Done.
- Now, back at the Search page of the App Store, search for “Douyin”, or enter “Ã¦ÂŠÂ–Ã©ÂŸÂ³” (without quotes).
- You’ll be able to recognize Douyin for having the same logo as Tiktok and make sure it lists Beijing Microlive Vision Technology Co., Ltd as its developer.
That’s it! You have now successfully downloaded Douyin, the Chinese version of Tiktok on your device.
Do note that the country/region of your Apple ID has been changed to China. Repeat aforementioned steps 1 – 4, only this time change it back to your own country. Also, make sure the Payment Method and Billing Address are correct too.