How To Be Safe On The Internet | Safety Tips Guide

I’ll write ways how to stay safe on the internet, all the things included will be super basic so that everyone can follow.

VPN

VPNs (Virtual private networks) are a fantastic way of staying somehow anonymous on the internet, unless you are doing some bad stuff, which you shouldn’t btw, then you will most likely get caught anyway. They are especially great when you are on a public wifi connection.
They are also a great way to bypass certain country based restrictions like on Netflix etc.
And remember, you are not invincible just because you use a VPN.

The three most common VPNs are the following:

• ExpressVPN

• Mullvad VPN

• PIA (Private Internet Access)

• NordVPN

Extensions

There are a TON of extensions out there, some are better than others and in this section I will go through the ones that I feel the most comfortable using and why.

UBlock - One of most known adblockers out there, it’s great for what it does. There is also a bit of customization that you can do within the extension settings, like custom filterlists, custom list of trusted websites etc.

Malwarebytes Browser Guard - Protects against malware, scams, pups and can block ads and has a really simple ui. You can also enable/disable any of the options available in the extension. It may sometimes want you to upgrade to a paid plan but that’s just what companies do, ain’t it? It’s a great extension and I’d say that malwarebytes is one of the few companies I actually trust a bit.

Lastpass & Nordpass - Simply put, they store your password in a secure place so that you’ll never forget your passwords again. I do want to note that both of those companies has had a security breach in the past but I to this stay still use them. If you are afraid to use them then write your passwords down and save them on an encrypted drive.

FastForward - Probably my favorite extension on this list! It bypasses shorturls, bypasses links that makes you wait 5-60 seconds, bypasses links that make you do a certain action, like subscribing to a youtube channel etc and best of all, it helps prevent your ip getting logged on certain sites and it’s open source!

Happy learning!

3 Likes

FastForward is a new one I didn’t know. Thanks, man for the share!

Thanks for the post! :slightly_smiling_face:
FastForward Extension is new to me. I will surely check it out! :raised_hands: