How about authenticating Forum to avoid leechers?

Hey Dear Admins and fellow members,

A tiny suggestion, i have been an unregistered member since long over this forum, accessing resources. However lately i find that there are lot of posts and methods which gets leeched and getting busted, By authenticating forum i.e., every member should be registered to access forum, we could have access that wont get leeched by spammers.

I know its big ask, considering ad revenue that could be lost by admins. still thing to consider.

Constructive suggestions would help us all out we got to stay here for long :slight_smile:

15 Likes

I had to create account after read this OTL

1 Like

I get your point but probably isn’t a good idea as that would greatly decrease the number of new users. Imagine it is your first time visiting 1Hack, why would you create an account on a forum that you don’t even what its content is?

4 Likes

May just place some good content only available to registered users that has good reps. That’s my suggestion.

4 Likes

I think this would be better.

1 Like

leechers is still a leecher.

they will do anything to get in, does not matter it requires the authentication.

6 Likes

u hv to understand that this forum runs on ads…if forum is authenticated then the forum will get less views and ad revenue will decrease.Thats why its not gonna happen.Other Forums which don’t depend on ad revenue hv such anti leeching rules like u said but those forums depend on donation from members.

3 Likes

More than leechers , people who abuse the trick / tutorial for greedy purposes and gets things busted for everyone are to be taken care of.

2 Likes

How about Exclusive content for registered users?
May be kinda rule that pushes every post after 12 hours to be accessible to only registered users?

Leechers leech, but we shouldnt place our forum as stake to them. I surely believe there’s way out.

2 Likes

It could work with keeping most of the open/ non sensitive content open to public-(get the ad revenue) and keep the sensitive stuff more exclusive. A trick which was posted here unfortunately turned up on many blogs.

3 Likes

Out there on the web with a lot of forums, their one motto is, Your cant make it if you fake it
They don’t allow the resources, threads accessible to the newbies who’re not reputed, so the time comes when hey contribute forums and increment their trust level, to start working in the forum, rest the admin knows better to moderate the things
@SaM Please think over it. A request tho.

But a small authentication would stop the kiddies(noobducks), who fake it for some punk!

So you meant to say let leechers leach the content and let members of this forum face the consequences, so eventually member of this forum will get demotivated by not getting any mod working longer. And those leechers gets most of the profit.

Recently one dumb noob leeched a content which generally can be leached by 5 members of the group.

1 Like

u see all forums r different…if u feel ur contents gonna be leeched which will ultimately harm u…u shd never post it on a open forum like ours…there r other (closed) invite only forums who put a lot of efforts in combating the leechers.I am in many types of forums with varying lvls of anti leeching rules and i understand how they work and what their primary purpose is.It is necessary to differentiate them bcoz all of them r different in their nature and purpose.
Our Forum is for everyone including leechers believe it or not…that’s how the forum is designed to get more views to generate ad revenue that support the forum
If u dont like the transparency and flexibility of our forum don’t post here post in the forum which u believe has good anti leeching protection,simple as that

5 Likes

The way I see it there’s no point in working hard at something if anybody can just access and bust the methods which is only going to demotivate the people working hard at solving the issues. So I personally feel there has to be a way around dealing strictly with these leechers who unethically exploit these methods such as by making 100s of fake accounts and selling them for a few bucks.

yes making most general things public and some exclusive content to user who has contributed more here will have little to no effect in add revenue as well as limiting versatile hacks to trusted members.

buddy onehack.us gets revenue by selling ads there is no requirements for a person to get registered here

my point is even if a person is unregistered he must see/watch ads to proceed
and even if a person is registered that does’nt mean he/she will always be active in the forum

1 Like

If u make thgs exclusive it will have effect on ad revenue.The reason why so many ppl r active on this forum is bcoz they get content with no efforts and no restrictions.The moment u chg that the forum will get less visitors therefore less views resulting in less ad revenue

1 Like

Bro if ur looking for something in return apart from appreciation for your efforts then this forum is not for u.
The way it works here is to contribute and forget as there is little to no direct benefits in contributing
i have made many guides on this forum and I don’t expect anything back from the forum apart from appreciation which i already get by likes and comments

2 Likes