[SOLVED] removing virus from portable hard drive

my portable hard drive is equipped with the virus ,i have tried every method to remove it but nothing work ,if anyone know some unique method which will result into successful removal then it will be really appreciating.

There are many kinds of viruses, you have to at least tell us something about the virus, which infected your hard drive. Like it creates a lot of shortcuts, or maybe it encrypt your hard drive. Because how to remove the virus really depends on the type of the virus.

i only trust Malwarebytes … scan with malwarebytes

First of all, Learn what they are and how to avoid:

And here the all possible solutions, you could search before asking, anyway: the solutions available inside these solved topics.

Watch these highly recommended videos as well, you can see how it gets done.

Good luck! :+1:

3 Likes

thanks for the solution

1 Like

In addition to virus scanners, there are various other / specific tools to remove potentially unwanted programs such as adware, spyware and toolbars. However, there are no such tests to compare the various tools. Below some names of such tools:

• Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
  • Ad-Aware
  • SUPERAntiSpyware
  • SpywareBlaster
  • Spybot - Search & Destroy
  • Junk Removel Tool
  • ADWcleaner
  • HiJackThis
  • ComboFix
  • FreeFixer
  • Hitman Pro
  • BitDefender Removal Tool
  • Stronghold AntiMalware
  • Emsisoft Free Emergency Kit
  • TDSSKiller
  • Norman malware cleaner
  • Adware Remover Tool
  • Norton Power Eraser

The above list of tools is a random list and may be suitable or unsuitable.

What I use, which is efficient to my situation most of the time!

• Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

SpyHunter 5 Free Version will work! :+1:

https://onehack.us/t/how-to-speed-up-windows-10-may-2019-update-version-1903/54272/2?u=nobody

Incase, you lost any file, use the below method to get it back!

That is quite easy thing for me. Let me tell you how you can do this. The very first thing you should do is to get RecoverIT from their official website and then install it on your PC.

Next you need to connect your external hard drive that is infected with your PC. After that open RecoverIT and select “External Drive Recovery” option. In next step, you need to select your hard drive and click on “Start” button.

Soon after that your hard drive will be scan for files that can be restored from the hard drive. After the scan is complete, preview each file and click on “Recover” to restore files from infected hard drive

The only way to be absolutely positive you’ve removed any and all viruses is:

• Back up. If you haven’t already, back up the entire system. You’ll use this to restore your data after we’re done.
  • Reformat. Reformatting erases the entire hard disk of everything : the operating system, your programs, your data, and most important of all, any and all viruses and malware. This may be part of the next step, as most Windows set-up programs offer to reformat the target hard drive before installing Windows.
  • Reinstall. Yes, reinstall everything from scratch. Reinstall the operating system from your original installation media. (Or restore the system to an image backup you took when you got the machine, which preserved the “factory original” state.) Reinstall applications from their original media or saved downloads.
  • Update. Update everything. In particular, make sure to bring Windows as completely up-to-date as possible for the most current protections against all known and patched vulnerabilities. Applications, particularly your anti-malware tools, should be updated as well.
  • Restore. Restore your data by carefully copying it from the backups you created when we started. By “carefully,” I mean take care to only copy the data you need, so as not to copy back the malware — don’t copy programs, downloads, or other potential sources of infection.
  • Learn. Take stock of how this happened, what you might have done to get infected in the first place, and what might have helped you recover more efficiently. Institute a frequent system backup.

By now, I hope you can see why prevention is so much less painful than the cure.

3 Likes