Help for setting up Sharelist

Let me share how i was able to setup my TD.

1. From the ShareList Repository posted above, open to deploy the Heroku App.

2. The Heroku setup is just as previously explained by @FlashyFlash in this post:

2a. Input an App name of your choice.
2b. In the config setting, copy your rclone config setting (without the drive part of course i.e. Excluding the first part/line of config file. This in effect means you should have setup rclone and have a config file with team drive option set to true.
2c. Deploy your Heroku app.

1. After successfully deploying your heroku app in step 2 above, you will be redirected to another page where you need to setup your ShareList.

2. Click on fhe view tab to launch your ShareList installer window.

3. Set it up as follows:
    a. Select a token of your choice. This will serve as your ShareList password.

b. Choose a website name for your sharelist. This can be modified later if you want.

c. For the example, leave everything as it is bit change the middle option from the chinese character to any word u like. I used “demo” since its an example to demonstrate the features of sharelist.

c. The most important part is the virtual path setup.
From the first box, select google drive api. From the 2nd box, choose any name you want (it can be changed later if you want).

From the 3rd box, enter the following (note that you need to know your shared folder ID. The ID is gotten by navigating to your shared folder under your Team Drive. Copy out all the number/alphabets after the letter “folder” in the address bar of your browser. This is your shared folder ID).

>./Folder ID number

Note the dot and the backslash.

Click to save the setting.

Now navigate to your ShareList site. You will see the contents of your team drive listed.

1. Scroll down to the bottom of your sharelist page, click on manage. This step is important. You will need to enter the token password you used in the step above. Change any settings you wish to. However, you need to modify two very important settings - the file and folder upload section from the default 900 and 300 seconds. Change the default numbers to zero. If not your team drive and settings will auto-undeploy after those times have elapsed.

2. To fully use the team drive, you need to provide it with the necessary authorisation. This is easy and you just need to follow the screen prompts.

3. I will be explaining how to create an encrypted directory with username:password access. This prevents unauthorised people from accessing thw contents you wish to limit access to. They will see the directory but can’t open it without providing the username:password combination. This can be set for different groups too.

Cheers!!!

… And Over Every Possessor of Knowledge, There is (Some) One (Else) More Knowledgeable.

1 Like