Help for setting up Sharelist

Looking interesting so far. Just encrypted (username:password) a directory called secret in my TD using this.

@FlashyFlash @LeeShipMonk Let’s fully explore the features and perhaps we can create a documentation in English. Someone already put up an issue regarding this on the github page. I will share how i was able to mount my TD soon. Just need to confirm something first.

Cheers!!!

… And Over Every Possessor of Knowledge, There is (Some) One (Else) More Knowledgeable.

i hv already raised the issue on their repo long back…but no one has translated

The chinese love their language. Lolz.

Cheers!!!

… And Over Every Possessor of Knowledge, There is (Some) One (Else) More Knowledgeable.

ya but then what about rest of us :rofl:

Thank you @FlashyFlash @Waga for looking in the issue and helping.
Appreciate the time you invested.

Will dig in more.

1 Like

Let me share how i was able to setup my TD.

1. From the ShareList Repository posted above, open to deploy the Heroku App.

2. The Heroku setup is just as previously explained by @FlashyFlash in this post:

2a. Input an App name of your choice.
2b. In the config setting, copy your rclone config setting (without the drive part of course i.e. Excluding the first part/line of config file. This in effect means you should have setup rclone and have a config file with team drive option set to true.
2c. Deploy your Heroku app.

1. After successfully deploying your heroku app in step 2 above, you will be redirected to another page where you need to setup your ShareList.

2. Click on fhe view tab to launch your ShareList installer window.

3. Set it up as follows:
    a. Select a token of your choice. This will serve as your ShareList password.

b. Choose a website name for your sharelist. This can be modified later if you want.

c. For the example, leave everything as it is bit change the middle option from the chinese character to any word u like. I used “demo” since its an example to demonstrate the features of sharelist.

c. The most important part is the virtual path setup.
From the first box, select google drive api. From the 2nd box, choose any name you want (it can be changed later if you want).

From the 3rd box, enter the following (note that you need to know your shared folder ID. The ID is gotten by navigating to your shared folder under your Team Drive. Copy out all the number/alphabets after the letter “folder” in the address bar of your browser. This is your shared folder ID).

>./Folder ID number

Note the dot and the backslash.

Click to save the setting.

Now navigate to your ShareList site. You will see the contents of your team drive listed.

1. Scroll down to the bottom of your sharelist page, click on manage. This step is important. You will need to enter the token password you used in the step above. Change any settings you wish to. However, you need to modify two very important settings - the file and folder upload section from the default 900 and 300 seconds. Change the default numbers to zero. If not your team drive and settings will auto-undeploy after those times have elapsed.

2. To fully use the team drive, you need to provide it with the necessary authorisation. This is easy and you just need to follow the screen prompts.

3. I will be explaining how to create an encrypted directory with username:password access. This prevents unauthorised people from accessing thw contents you wish to limit access to. They will see the directory but can’t open it without providing the username:password combination. This can be set for different groups too.

Cheers!!!

1 Like

Thank you @Waga for the detailed instructions.

If you have node.js knowledge will you help me to optimize the GDIndex code developed by Maple.

Cheers :slight_smile:

Oh no i don’t.

P. S.
What extra features would you be looking to get/add.

Cheers!!!

Not extra, just addition of links working to specific domains and user agent hotlinking protection.

Someone, I guess asked the same thing over the Github link

I guess the feature is in the code, but its on default and allowing all domain and user agents.

and also the author requested to do on your own, i guess i don’t know Chinese and translate one is a bit tricky. :stuck_out_tongue:

PS. I know i should do this over PM but this could be useful to someone, if we figure out the way to change or implement it and i use to much of guess word.

Another thg i found was that it doesnt save configuration if u install in heroku…coz heroku refreshes after 30 mins of inactivity…so only way would be to edit in code and then deploy in heroku…which makes it incovenient to use with heroku

for eg see this @Waga configuration is lost:-
http://wagatech.herokuapp.com

1 Like

For short term, its functional long term you have to deploy it again and again or there is another app which prevent Heroku to go to sleep. I don’t remember which one.

No i deleted it myself. I just created it to test run and show you guys. I am trying out my hands on all those heroku, cloudware worker stuff,this weekend. Already deployed my drives. gonna settle for the most feature- rich. So far, i thin ShareList has more features. I am gonna create a new one now and share.

Cheers!!!

I think this can be modified from the default settings. If I am right it defaults to about 900 seconds and self destructs. I experienced this until i tweaked the settings. But i will try and leave it idle for some time to see what happens.

Cheers!!!

heroku has to go to sleep…it cant run indefinetly…there r some rules like it can stay active 12 hours a day like that…so even if u manage to keep it active somehow…it wont be active for long

6 Hours*

Well if its free there’s always a catch. :stuck_out_tongue:

Noted. i understand the limitations.

Here is the new Link. Let’s see how long this lasts.

EduTechTainMent ShareList

I will be adding more files to some empty directories just to see how it goes.

Cheers!!!

Yes @FlashyFlash is right. Just checked. Not worth it if you need your drives to be up for a long time.

I think it is a good option for those who want to create and share a temporary download access link to some files. You just deploy, either set your preferred time for it to undeploy, or allow it to auto-undeploy on it’s own after the set time has elapsed.

Cheers!!!

1 Like

have you tried other scripts too? which one works best and have more features?
i am also looking to set it up for my team drive.

Depends on the needs and requirements.
All requires some basic knowledge to setup, and more.

Go with the Maple one: Here

Thanks…i have already set it up.
do u know any theme for GDindex ?

Friendly Websites

ettvdl.com https://crackingpatching.com/ https://prostylex.org/ https://haxnode.com/ freecoursesonline.me ftuapps.dev