• By one estimate, 53 million people have had data about themselves exposed over the past 13 months. (InformationWeek, 03/20/2006) – This is old news, right now the number is > 100 million !!!
• Data theft is becoming a major threat.
• Criminals have identified where the gold is.
• In the last year many databases from fortune 500 companies were compromised.
• As we will see compromising databases is not big deal if they haven’t been properly secured.
● Why database security?
● How databases are hacked?
● Oracle Database Server attacks
● MS SQL Server attacks
● How to protect against attacks?