GPT 4 No Internet Required

GPT4All

A free-to-use, locally running, privacy-aware chatbot. No GPU or internet required.

Just download from the website install it. Once install, in the settings you can install a model there round about 3gig to about 7gig. There’s a performance graph on the website to help you choose. Its pretty decent for an offline bot. It still holds a wealth of knowledge.

17 Likes

I will write a review ASAP.

1 Like

waiting for your review.

1. You need a high-end build pc to run this smoothly.
  2. Don’t store anything pertaining to this bot on your C:\ drive. It will instantly slow or even BSOD your computer.
  3. Use this default model. It’s the fastest and most responsive model.
  4. Tweak the application settings for better and faster response. I tweaked the temperature and batch size.(response under 20 seconds).

That's it.

7 Likes

@SaM can you please help, if this is not any phishing tool?

@Darth_Vader , I tried in MAC, its saying you should have lates OS update to run this.

1 Like

It’s possible that they’ve placed security restrictions that require latest updates. Can you share screenshots of what errors you’re getting?

I did some fact checking it can’t give any correct info, suffers from Ai Hallucinations none of the facts are correct. not worth the huge download.

2 Likes

Can you also provide your macOS version?

You’ve definitely tried updating MacOS right?

unfortunately I can’t use it. My notebook is from 2016, Dell gamer inspiron, but it can’t handle this type of application, it heats up, I believe that because I don’t use ssd, it makes use even worse. but as commented there, it is for more modern computers with more power.

Useless. That broke my laptop. I had to restart it.

it takes time to answer, you have to wait for it. you should have the required resources to work. I used google colab and works. But it took much time.