Gmail - Get The Most Out Of Your Inbox | Complete Tutorial

Gmail is one of the most used email service providers; and there is a good reason behind it. First of all, it’s free and accompanies other services from Google. Then, it packs in a lot of features to help you efficiently manage your inbox and boost your productivity . However, it’s not common for people to know all of them.

That’s why I’ve compiled a list of the handiest features of Gmail in this write-up. I will introduce you to those features, discuss their use cases, and tell how to use them in simple-to-follow steps. Sounds exciting?

Enable Reading Pane for Quick View

Preview Pane in Gmail like Outlook

Reading Pane is an awesome feature in Gmail. I remember first using it in Outlook (the email application, not the new email service from Microsoft) many years back.

Since it’s so useful, I used to miss it until it was launched in Gmail as part of the Advanced or Labs feature, and now, it’s an official feature in Gmail.

It divides the whole inbox into two panes : left-right or top-bottom depending on your preference. It allows you to check the list of emails in one pane and preview the complete message in the other pane, speeding up checking emails.

How to enable the Reading Pane in Gmail:

1. In Gmail, click on the gear icon, then click See all settings .
  2. Go to the Inbox tab, and check under the Reading pane .
  3. Click Enable reading pane and choose Right of inbox .
  4. Finally, click Save Changes at the bottom.

Enable the Reading Pane in Gmail

Enable AI-powered Text Suggestions

Gmail helps you write emails faster by suggesting words and phrases, thanks to its Smart Compose and other AI-enabled features . If you’ve used the Google Keyboard in Android, you must have used the text predictions.

Smart Compose brings similar text predictions to your inbox , allowing you to pick one of the suggested texts by pressing Tab while writing emails in the Compose box.

Happy learning!

Also do check, Here are some of unique tips & tricks that shared recently by Chief: The Top Gmail Tricks To Save Your Time | Personal & Business Use!

10 Likes