Educational Youtube Channel

Hello there.

My name is Akshay, and I am a computer engineer from India.

It’s my old idea to start an educational related content channel on Youtube.

Somehow I am now okay to start it. I have seen so many channels that start it for free, and then they start charging for their content on Youtube after getting success, but I don’t want to charge anything to anyone for my content on youtube, even at the beginning of my channel and after getting successful.

I want to set up a studio setup for my channel. I do have space for the same. And soon I’ll buy a camera and other stuff related to content creation.

I am currently looking for guidance on the same. Even if someone gives me some direction or advice further, I’ll do everything on my own.

Thank you.

11 Likes

Good luck with your journey! @Advik
And please when you’ll make videos use good quality mic and bigger font.
I’ll just for having some vocal practices first so your voice don’t lag, becomes smirky or crinkey.
And also do clones of apps it really help with YouTube watch time while also attract audience.
Man voice is essential and please don’t go for Google reading assistant voice-overs.
Make community over places like discord or telegram. It really helps in binding audience and proves helpful in interaction.
Later on also start spreading your name with merchandise interviews, collaborating with other teachers/youtubers out there.

Thank you for reading this and wish you luck for the voyage you are going to embark on.

PS: I’m a graphic and vector art design contact me for merchandise etc. thank you! :sweat_smile::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::yum:

5 Likes

What kind of guidance you are seeking? Please elaborate the area of flaws or gaps.

1 Like

Thank you for your comment. @codegirl @RTF

@codegirl, I am looking for help like what things to look for while creating content. What standards need to follow when creating content. What not to do while making a video. Some other technical stuff like what instrument I should use. (some instrument suggestion under a small budget will help more.)

@RTF, I’ll keep all these points in mind while creating content.
And definitely will contact you once I am at a good pace on journey.

2 Likes

There is nothing like good and bad. Concentrate on your strong area of knowledge and deliver it.

Equipment:
You can start with both cheap and expensive products. There is no limitation. That is completely up to you. If you are serious about using good equipment then you can start with good Soundbox + microphone.

Ideally, equipment would depend type of your environment and type of videos you are using. If your environment is not noisy and electricity is grounded then any cheaper microphone will work and you would not require soundbox.

If you are thinking of music or something else then you should be good in that part and would not require any suggestion.

There are many good youtube professionals who have been doing very good with cheap equipment. All that matter is your content. You should be sound in your content.

3 Likes

Thank you for this information. :smile:

I agree with what has been said large font. I like to watch youtube on my phone during breaks at work and while I am out, but most coding videos are on large screens and I need at least a 23" monitor just to watch them.

4 Likes