DuckDuckGo | !Bang Quick Search

DuckDuckGo !bang quick search
This extension adds DuckDuckGo !bang search to chrome. You can use it from the URL bar as long as your default search engine is either google or bing (for now). You can also use it directly on google’s and bing’s websites.

Note: This extension is basically in beta. I would very much appreciate any feedback in regards to any issues, compliments, new features, or suggestions. I am maintaining this on my own and will get any features or fixes as soon as possible.

Thank you for trying out this extension!

How to use:

1. Your default chrome search engine must be set to Google or Bing (for now) - The reason being is because chrome only allows me to redirect from certain websites, so I would have to add every site to the permissions in order for it to work. I will gladly add any requests sent in.

2. Enter your !bang followed by your search term (or search term followed by the bang), hit enter and you’ll be automatically redirected to that site with your search term! Ex: !a tablet or tablet !a will automatically bring you to amazon with tablet as your search!

3. You can even just enter the !bang and it’ll bring you to the website’s homepage!

Supported Websites:

UPDATE: This extension now supports ANY and ALL !bang searches that are supported by DuckDuckGo!!

Updates:
v1.1 - Fix Amazon multiple word search
v1.2 - Add Google Scholar and JS optimization
v1.3 - Add search request through DuckDuckGo to support all !bang searches
v1.4 - Will no longer do a bang search when there is not a letter following ! (Any search with a ! would cause a bang search)
v1.5 - Fix an issue where any prediction/ autofilled text was not being caught for a !bang search

Enjoy!

5 Likes