Downloading any large file faster directly on GDrive

Is there any way to download large file such as 15-16 GBs directly to GDrive?

I know there are methods such as google colab but that isn’t fast enough to download large files quickly.

I am asking because i saw people doing these things, but don’t remember when and where.

From where are you downloading frm? Internet or just another TD or gdrive?

Cheers!!!

… And Over Every Possessor of Knowledge, There is (Some) One (Else) More Knowledgeable.

1 Like

I will be sharing a trick i use to copy files from 3rd party TD to my TD using rclone. I feel rclone is the easiest of all the tools available. This is because many encounter issues when setting up other tools and the prerequisites to use a service account on the 3rd party TD. You can actually copy contents from other TD with some control. You don’t have to copy all the unnecessary stuffs in many TD. You can just focus on what you need out of the TD and create your own customised TD collection of either movies, series, tutorials or what have you.

Rclone copy command does a good job of skipping and ignoring already copied files. I don’t bother about the 750gb daily limit cos that’s more than adequate fr me. I just run the script or leave it running the next day and it picks up from where it stopped before.

I think this is better cos you see many TD administrators battling with organizing contents on their TD. You can do better.

Cheers!!!

… And Over Every Possessor of Knowledge, There is (Some) One (Else) More Knowledgeable.

2 Likes

are you using cmd script for rclone??

Yeah.

Cheers!!!

I just learnt this, and you are right its more than enough.
btw can we copy files from mega to our teamdrive using the same command??

can i copy content from a 3rd party team drive in which i have only permission of a “viewer” to my own personal TD in which i have all the permissions ?

yes it possible, that is the way that i download files from mega

can you share command here to copy from mega folder to gdrive folder

i tried this command but copy speed is very slow like 50kb/s, i think its using my bandwith and not copying from server side. so what do u use??

rclone copy "mega:BluRay/Movie (2008) - BluRay - 1080p - BD50 - AVC - DTS-HDMA 5.1 - 45.4GB - ESub/" "gdrive1:uploads/Bluray/" --drive-server-side-across-configs -v
pause