[DISCUSSION] How Did You Learn Programming?

Do you prefer kotlin over java as an android developer?

2 Likes

Struggling with DS ,ALGO and problem solving probably that’s all the programming is about.

5 Likes

Hello, FTUions

This was always in my mind and hopefully will get some reply over this.
As we all here are enthusiast to learn and share.

Why don’t we help each other and work on some projects together using GitHub or any other source control mechanism.

This way we can share our knowledge and experience. and by doing it practically real time with others members will help us grow professionally.

Thanks

10 Likes

Hi @Skywalker, I do work in python for data analysis. If you wish to do any projects based on python, consider me…

4 Likes

Honestly speaking I haven’t touched Kotlin yet, however I do find Flutter very enticing, it’s still a new language, and there are a lot places for it to grow, but it is still fun to work with.

4 Likes

yeah its a nice idea brother

6 Likes

FUT’uer, as an African, Google is offering us an opportunity to write the Google Developer Certification Exam in either Mobile Web, Android or Cloud. Plurasight partnered with Google on this. We would watch Plurasight lessons proceed from one session into the next and be assessed for 9 months after which Google would shortlist all applicants based on their respective performance. Shortlisted applicants would write the certification exam for free in their respective track. Sam, do you advice I should take this certification? Or just keep learning with courses uploaded here.

PS: This questions is directed to all FUT’uers not only Sam. Please advice me.

2 Likes

I am using kotlin with spring boot for server side . And its as good and even better than java, I can tell you.

2 Likes

(Practice is most important also once you have learn some language see for its use and try to understand how it has been used to make that thing.) I learnt many languages starting from Visual Basic After that I learnt C++(which i learnt in my university) than Php, Python, Ruby, Java, Javascript, C#, Kotlin, Lua, Go and Haxe. Basics are almost same for all languages. If you really want to learn many languages start from anyone of your choice but choose High Level Languages I were giving advice to the younger me I would suggest C++ or Python. Once you are comfortable with the basics go to advance. Learn data structures than algorithms. In beginning you can go for lectures or video courses from udemy or youtube or pluralsight, but if you really want to brush up and become better programmer you should be focusing on the books. Most Books are written by best authors of the topics or language once written books are reviewed by many other best people of the topic about which the book is written after book is finally published. It is not just some basic content uploaded by some random dude wanting to make money. In short
Pick a Language => Start From Basics => Learn Data Structures => Learn Algorithms => Move to next Language.

10 Likes

One of the best response (-: thank you

3 Likes

EDITED: Task has been complete and fixed by a outsider.

4 Likes

I’ve currently started learning python so im open to any sort of good or bad advice, as you guys better know how to learn our first language in a more effective and in convenient way.
waiting for your suggestions:-)
a noob thanks:-):grinning:

1 Like

start with fundamental languages like c or c++ if you’re a beginner. google developer Certification if you have some basic skills

1 Like

start with fundamental languages like c then c++, get basics skills to intermediate level then you can other languages like python, php, go, c#, rust, java/kotlin …

1 Like

I started programming at University learning programming basics , understanding how to write Pseudocodes with correct syntax and semantics, writing algorithms. then moved to fundamental languages C then C++. after this level, you can branch to different developer stacks
Mobile: java or Kotlin, XML, and SQLite
web: PHP or python, js, CSS, HTML and database(Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL NoSQL…)
desktop: c#, XAML, electron(requires skills in node and js)
trend skills and frameworks: Laravel, flask, Django, angular, react, Vuejs, node, etc. which are delivered from the core languages. also learning some basic Linux for server deployment.
along the way, you will learn development tools, testing, design patterns, software versioning
git …

code 2hrs@day for two years and you will be a good developer
my approach focuses on the developers working in a windows environment, but you can add few IOS languages like Objective C, swift and you will be all set
key note
-complete one programming language at a time
-analysis and design is important before coding
-get a friend to code with
-read code documentations

start point for beginner Elementary Programming principles + questions

3 Likes

Hello, good morning

How did I Start :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I ask question on google and youtube with what should i learn for my first language most of them said that you should start with python because is higher level(they mean it Close to human) and they also say don’t learn low level language unless you are Engineer or Genius and few of them said that you should learn what you want to be or what help you but i decided to learn the C language because they it is the mother of language and the hardest so i wanted to challenge myslef and learn it, first it was hard because i did not find where to learn i start with the pdf plus i was weak with english and youtube doasn’t not show you much back then and i don’t have money to pay for courses i was just a kid and then after some years i found site called FTU(i think i find them after one month from starting their site) and everything was easy after that because you have everything you can’t complaine unless you were lazy(and i see a lot of complaining in this best site https://discuss.ftuforum.com/t/edureka-python-certification-training-for-data-science-2-47-gb-download-free/47618/20)

Now Thanks God and FTU i know Adobe Products(Photoshope, Ilustraion, After Effect), Html5, Css3, Javascript, React, MySQL, PHP and C and Python(not great with them), and am learning Node right now and am planing to learn everything :roll_eyes:

I love knowledge and sharing knowledge to help(Thank You FTU)

Don’t learn a programming language, solve a problem instead
https://medium.com/datadriveninvestor/dont-learn-a-programming-language-solve-a-problem-instead-654f6bbfb573

How to learn Coding(i mean Programming) or anything! :sweat_smile:
like most learning curve you need to understand the why and the how, the problem most Beginner doasn’t know how they do that it’s simple you need to understand practise and practise what you have learned or watched because practising is the most important thing in the learning curve how is that! when you practise things you force your brain to restore information by yourself and what you do is that your brain start to understand more like what you have restored what they do and why i did restore them your brain will start to understand every words has been restored, plus solving problems teach you a lot(you know why)

The word Why in learning curve means
what the point of this word in your brain you can’t know that unless you make use of it or maybe you use it in your coding to know the point of what this word is been used for or you solve problem with that word!

Hard or easy, there is no such thing as that but there is lazyness the word behind them(i mean hard and easy) is work more or less

What do you think?, Order Summary you should Practise :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Nice, but can you guide us what type of courses you studied for everything you know now like this as you said
“i know Adobe Products(Photoshope, Ilustraion, After Effect), Html5, Css3, Javascript, React, MySQL, PHP and C and Python(not great with them), and am learning Node right now and am planing to learn everything”

2 Likes

Well here the links from what i have start with until where i am :sweat:

0- C language:
i don’t have the links or the pdf of those courses i did download them long time ago but am not great with the C i was only almost good because there is not to much information about the C so i did move on to Html5, Css3 etc…

1- for Html5 and Css3 and jQuery and basic of Javascript and PHP and MySQL, i did learn them from an Arabic teacher called elzero web school on youtube he is the best he take you from Html to Css and then Css3 and then little JS and then Html5 here is youtube link:
https://www.youtube.com/user/OsamaElzero/playlists

2- after i did have some basic Javascript from elzero i did move to this practical course with Javascript it will show you how to build 10 project plus there is Es6 here:

3- and i learn how to use Ajax here:

4- After that i learned basic of Python and i did move on i don’t know why i did not stick with that to gain solid knowledge but i got only basic of python with me for now here the link for the course:

5- React:
i have start with this expert teacher he teach you in an easy way and it’s impossible for to not understand, his name Stephen Grider

after that i want to understand more about React so i did go to some courses and try to practise what i have learned in other courses project and if i did not fail to complete i watch what i have missed in this courses and i did learn a lot from them

Finaly i became great with React but i did not want to learn Redux

After that i took break from coding so i did go to Adobe Products

6- Photoshop:
i start with this two it is about money making with Photoshop

Daniel Walter Scott is my favorite teacher this course will take you from beginner to advance Photoshop user:

7- Illustration:

And then the best with Daniel Walter Scott:

8- After Effects:
Daniel Walter Scott is my favorite teacher

This one is the best one for after effects known as Louay Zambarakji here it is:

9- Now i am learning Node course and i try to practise in every section:
https://www.freetutorials.eu/nodejs-the-complete-guide-incl-mvc-rest-apis-graphql/
plus when i finish this i will try to practise with other Node courses to gain solid knowledge of Node next i will move on to Digital Marketing

And i use Mind Maping and some docs that i write to help me recap if i forget somethings, What about you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:?

5 Likes

This is amazing that you shared. I hope everyone should do the same in this discussion thread so everyone will have the plan of how to do it properly. Just a kind request for everyone in this discussion thread. Thank you for sharing this knowledge with us.

2 Likes

I am jignesh,

i have a sound knowledge and having 5 years expriance in php.

describe me more about issue i will try my best to selove it.

2 Likes