Data destruction

Hello onehack community.Today I installed a crack version of supercopier but it doesn’t work so i uninstall it.After that all of my file in the computer has an extension of .AGHO for example: myfile.AGHO
and none of the file can’t be open.Please help me it has infected all of my file and no file is opening.All of my personal data will be destroyed.THanks in advance.

1 Like

Is it some variation of a Norton Ghost file i.e. ‘gho’?
Failing that, there are utilities that can identify filetype through the file alone and without the file extension. Perhaps, on of those utilities might also be able to rename the file extension according to what it is actually defined as in the file itself?
Have you tried to rename a file of which you know the type? Perhaps that you know that a certain file is a pdf even though it has the agho file extension. Can you rename that and open it or is the file encrypted?

I can only rename the files and also remove the .AGHO extension but the files are still not opening.
for example: I rename a pdf file (myfile.pdf.agho to myfile.pdf) but pdf reader is not opening it.It says file is corrupted.

1 Like

I have a question does all your files are corrupted ?

yeah, same here. My brother’s laptop just got the same problem (.agho). I think it’s ransomware because there is readme file on almost every folder that tell us to buy some software app to decrypt those files, and the price is over $900.

2 Likes

every folder has a file which says

ATTENTION!

Don’t worry, you can return all your files!
All your files like pictures, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key.
The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you.
This software will decrypt all your encrypted files.
What guarantees you have?
You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free.
But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information.
You can get and look video overview decrypt tool:

Price of private key and decrypt software is $980.
Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that’s price for you is $490.
Please note that you’ll never restore your data without payment.
Check your e-mail “Spam” or “Junk” folder if you don’t get answer more than 6 hours.

dont pay a single penny
Unfortunately u have to format your pc
if no other choice left

1 Like

You have my sympathies.
That is awful.
Hope that you manage to get through the difficulty ok!

I have worked for 4 years on these files is there any way I can get them back.I dont have 450$ on me.

Same here happened in our office all our data NAS have been renamed to .agho extension, if you rename it to original file extenesion it will be garbage date or encrypted form

Do you install anything from your browser?, time and date modified of your folder and files.

I downloaded a window app that doesn’t work.I uninstall it but everything was messed up.

Its called agho ransomware it encrypted all your files and you need to decrypt it please dont pay cause it ll support them and it mostly wont work take a look at this site it has all info about this ransomware it also has decryption tool. Decrypt more confidential files and backup in cloud or external device and format you whole device to clean up

1 Like

Copy work file in D(pls not open many folder in D)…format local C…after format, rename file (juz delete “.AGHO”)

Do you have windows 10?
Try restoring the files from a restore point

Brother very sad to hear. Try this if it works - https://howtoremove.guide/agho-virus-file/ for removal but for decryption I have found nothing.

It’s most probably a ransomware. I myself fall victim of it a few months ago. Each file of two drives of my pc had .Lime extension (for example: abc.jpg.Lime ) and couldn’t be opened. Then I searched the internet and became sure that it was a .Lime ransomware. Being afraid of it infecting the whole computer I immediately formatted the two drives that got infected. I was helpless and lost around 250 GB of data in the process. I feel extremely sorry for you but most likely you have to accept the consequences. Next time please turn on ‘controlled folder access’ settings in the windows defender. This settings was specially designed for ransomware protection.

You can also check this.

Nothing works I have to format my dirve and I have lost 660 GB of data.