Cheapest secured way to host online video course

Please can someone guide me in identifying the cheapest budget-friendly way to host my online courses? I heard that youtube videos are not good idea to host online courses. Can someone who has done this before help me out. God bless you all.

1 Like

Vimeo is your cheapest option, but you need to design the course access area securerly or anyone can directly use the Vimeo embed link and watch your course videos.

Udemy is super cheap (no upfront cost, you only pay commission per sale). Teachable is good too but more expensive.

You try this:
Use thinkfic for Hosting your course
Make that course FREE with private share link

Then Use payment Method and after somone pays for your course , Redirect them to that Link of your Course.

Also if someone try to enroll multiple with that link, then just block his IP from thinkfic

I use this method with Instamojo

Thinkific, Teachable, Vimeo, Udemy, etc videos are easily downloadable. In order to protect your videos, you would require HLS security so that your videos are not downloadable + you would require a player to put user’s name / email on the video. Such video hosting is very expensive. VDOCipher offers such video hosting. There are many such players. If you are not thinking much about security, you can go with wordpress video via JetPack which is way economical. There are certain tweaks, which can be done with Youtube too but that is not recommended.

I think thinkfic only offers 3 free courses

Please can you share the tweak with me privately or publicly

Please throw more light on how to host WordPress video via JetPack

Can I host video directly on Udemy which can be accessed vai my personal website?

No, you need to use Vimeo etc for that. Or you can host them on your web server directly if you are using a good, fast web host.

You can host your videos anywhere, that is not an issue but you can use Udemy as your hosted domain. That is not possible.

Vimeo does not have any limit on storage as long as you don’t exceed your storage limit as per your plan. Vimeo allows domain level restriction to allow your content limited to your domain. Still, the videos can be downloaded.

JetPack is economical solution as an alternative for your video storage.

Remember that there is no 100% security measures to protect your content. It can still be stolen. There are certain measures, which provide some measures to stop piracy.

I have researched and implemented some tweaks to even protect content hosted on Youtube, which gives you freedom from hosting but there are still chances of piracy. If content is hosted on Jetpack/Vimeo/others, you will definitely get extra control.

DM me with details what are you trying to implement.

Yes! Thikific is limited to 3 free courses.