Being Positive Is An Attitude

*Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words.
Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior.
Keep your behaviour positive because your behaviour becomes your habits.
Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values.
Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.

–Mahatma Gandhi

Positive thinking is a mental and emotional attitude. It drives you to the desirable and brighter side of the life. Also, helps in bringing in the expected goal and result. Various scientific studies have proven the effectiveness of the attitude. The power of positive thinking is a concept although it also has its share of criticism. Young people, at times, groping with the syndrome of “why me?”, do often ridicule and criticize the very idea of being positive while facing challenging situations. Wherein, the resolution of the distressing situation becomes tricky hence the effectiveness of the positivity seems dimmed. Do we forget that, we cannot come to a logical or acceptable conclusion if we let the situation overpower us and we stay perpetually in the same emotionally charged up state?

I asked for strength,
& God gave me difficulties to make me strong.
I asked for wisdom,
& God gave me problems to learn to solve.
I asked for prosperity,
& God gave me a brain and brawn to work.
I asked for courage,
& God gave me dangers to overcome.
I asked for love,
& God gave me people to help.
I asked for favors,
& God gave me opportunities.
I received nothing I wanted.
I received everything I needed.

– Hazrat Inayat Khan

An ant carrying load twice it’s weight is an example of a positive attitude. Although the ant understands the impossibility of the task yet it’s diligence at the work with the energy, enthusiasm and the attitude makes it possible to carry the load to its nest. The satisfaction of the successful accomplishment of the task helps it to forget the hurdle, the back breaking trek and the limping limbs. Thus, the success of bringing home the prized possession drives him to reach for more. And, the tiny ant in his exhilaration turns back once again to bring more… The belief that the ant has on its own capabilities and skill make this uphill task possible.

“The strongest among you is the one who controls his anger & The best among you is the one who doesn’t harm others with his tongue and hands.

– Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) “sallallahu alayhi wa salaam” (pbuh)

Failures do often tend to de-motivate us. The baggage that we carry on facing a not so happy and expected outcome of our efforts and the emotional outburst that follows may not let us learn . Rather, it may pulls us back in the gloom and the dark alley of negative emotions. The manifestation of which has an effect on our physical and psychological being. Being positive is very contagious so is a negative attitude. The warmth of the positive thinking that you radiate and the way you look at the world also reflects on how people around you looks at you.

Winston Churchill had famously said that “ A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty”. So true! A positive thinking may not help you resolve all the issues but will definitely make the process and the experience all the more happier for you.

How does it help?

· It gives you a pleasant personality.

· It helps you to cope with distress and negative thought processes.

· Makes you more optimist. Gives you an optimistic approach to handle and resolve a distressing situation. It helps you focus on the solution rather than de-motivation on a failure.

· Your contagious attitude will inspire and motive others.

· Enhances the skill to manage your stress and hence lessens the depression.

· It increases life span.

· It leads towards joy, happiness and success.

Do you wear a positive attitude? Let’s carry a self check…

Respond to the questionnaire given below honestly. There is no correct or incorrect answers to the questions given below.

a. Do you expect a successful outcome always to your efforts?

b. Does failure to your effort makes you a recluse?

c. Do you look for solutions instead of dwelling on a problem?

d. Are you very scared and nervous before the declaration of the outcome / results?

e. In case of a failure, do you talk it out to your parents, teachers and find out a solution to not to repeat it?

f. Do you always have a plan-B ready with you?

g. Do you believe in yourself?

h. Do you feel you inspire and motive others?

Congratulations!!! If all your responses are affirmative. Keep it up! You do wear a positive attitude, keep inspiring others… In case of few responses going negative, do not worry. Here are few tips that can be practiced to develop your attitude.

Tips to develop a positive attitude.

· Get associated with friends who are happy and beaming with energy. Friends who are enthusiastic and always see the bright side of the life inspire.

· Happiness and enthusiasm are contagious. Association with friends with these traits will help you induce them too.

· Inspiring quotes and stories do motivate all of us. Make a habit of reading them. An inspiring quote on the top of your reading/ study desk will help you draw energy from them.

· Refuse to entertain negative thoughts. Choose to be happy. Your choice can help to turn your challenges into your opportunities.

· Try to learn lessons from failure. Be optimistic and look at the brighter side of the life. Every situation has a brighter side of it. Learn to unknot it.

· Talk often to your parents and to the teacher who you think you can confine to.

· Have faith on yourself , your ability and your skills. Talk to yourself in a positive way. A positive self-talk pays

· Practice yoga or meditation daily to help keep your mind focus. As said earlier, change is a gradual process. Your perseverance pays in the long run.

Thing to ponder, no one is born with an attitude, it is a trait that needs to be developed. Our circumstances help and accentuates it’s development and expression. Always remember, change is a gradual process and cannot happen overnight as there is no short cuts to it. Your perseverance pays. If one thinks and reaffirms that he can achieve the goal, he puts all his efforts and focuses on it. The confidence and determination do not come by the importance or enormity of the task in hand but by our attitude. A positive thinking even in an adverse situation helps win and is a sure path to success.

30 Likes

WOW!! That was Amazing

3 Likes

Thank you very good Post

1 Like

This is an awesome thread and I can’t agree more. From a psychological perspective, if you keep your thoughts positive, which is sometimes hard to do, you will create an attitude based on those thoughts. This is called a cognitive aspect which is one of the three aspects of attitude. And when we implement this attitude it becomes our behavior and way of life.
Awesome post, I’m bookmarking it for blue days.
Thank you, truly!

wow thank you

how can we be possibly positive ! if everyone around us hate us ,talk behind our backs, maintains double face ! Yeah and once when i ask them , they say i’m being with a positive attitude :slight_smile: funny right ? This is absolutely and yes in my point of view of life events !!! i certainly believe people get over their guilt by terming as “I AM A POSITIVE PERSON, I DON’T WANNA FEEL BAD ABOUT MYSELF” really ? is this what being positive is ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

What you gonna do? that’s the moment to prove it how positive you are.

1_cACEuAMHbtAr6sTVmEthEQ

b943c68b06ade58f08c710b4e81ca140--funny-attitude-quotes-truth-quotes

io9

CQ0r9SkWEAUMCQ-

That’s it, folks, move on, life is short, stay positive and never give a damn about haters, actually say thanks to them. :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Thanks a lot, I apreciate it.