Awesome Technical Writing
Technical writing is writing or drafting technical communication used in technical and occupational fields, such as computer hardware and software, engineering, chemistry, aeronautics, robotics, finance, medical, consumer electronics, biotechnology, and forestry. ~ Wikipedia
Table of Contents
- Useful Tools
- Speaker Decks
- Style Guides
- Technical Writers to Follow
- Google’s Season of Docs
- freeCodeCamp News
- ycombinator News
- Write the Docs
- The Good Docs Project
- LinkedIn Technical Writing Community
- Society for Technical Communication
- LogRocket Blog
- The Manuscript Academy
- Study Technical Writing
- Technical Writing: Documentation on Software Projects
- Coding for Writers: Basic Programming
- Class Central Technical Writing
- Professional Technical Writing: Advance Your Writing Skills
- Technical Writing: Master Your Writing Career
- English 305: Advanced Technical Writing
- Technical Communication Techniques and Principles for Project Managers
- Learn DITA
- The Ultimate Guide to Content Creation
- How to Create Great Content: A Step-by-Step Guide to Content Marketing That Delivers Real Results
- 9 Tips to Become the Best Content Creator in Your Industry
- Advice for Technical Writing
- Becoming a Technical Writer at Google
- 15 Tips to Improve Your Technical Writing
- How to Become a Technical Writer: A Beginner’s Guide
- How to Create Cover Images for Your Devblog Posts
- Introducing Google Season of Docs
- How to Start a Software YouTube Channel
- Starting a YouTube Channel as a Software Developer
- How to Create a Programming YouTube Channel - Lessons From 5 Years and 1 Million Subscribers
- Developers: The Why and How to Writing Technical Articles
- How to Improve the SEO of Your Devblog Articles
- How to Improve the SEO of Your Devblog
- Technical Writing: Why and How?
- Minimalist Approach to Technical Documentation
- A beginner’s guide to writing documentation
- Crash Course in APIs for Technical Writers
- Content Creation Strategies: How To Create Content Online
- How to start a Coding YouTube channel (with tips from a bunch of successful creators!)
- How To Start A Programming YouTube Channel With Coding Tutorials 360
- 15 Technical Writing Tips
- What is Technical Writing? | Writing Genre Fundamentals
- Meet Technical Writers at Google
- Technical Writing 101: Introduction to Technical Writing
- What do Technical Writers do? (Also, what is Technical Writing?)
- How to become a Technical Writer | Skills & Career Growth
- Writing technical documentation
- Write The Docs Podcast & Meetups
- Write the Readable README
- GitHub as a Landing Page
- Lessons Learned From Rebuilding a Developer Documentation Website
- A Balanced Diet of Documentation
- Write your Docs like Nobody Reads Them
- The Developer’s Guide to Technical Writing
- How to write technical blog posts
- The Manuscript Podcast - The intersection of writing and the development of technology products.
- The Manuscript Academy Podcast - Interviews with agents and editors, how-to tips, and behind-the-scenes looks at the creation of the Academy.
- Write the Docs Podcast - The Write the Docs Podcast publishes discussion-style podcasts focusing on topics related to the Write the Docs community.
- HackMD - Real-time collaborate on technical documentation in markdown.
- Dropbox Paper - A flexible workspace for collaborative document-editing.
- Google Docs - Smart editing and styling tools to help you easily format text and paragraphs.
- Notion - The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis and databases.
- Grammarly - a writing assistant that goes deeper than grammar to offer you comprehensive writing feedback.
- Canva - A graphic design platform that allows you to create social media graphics, and other visual content.
- TinyPNG - Smart PNG and JPEG image compression.
- Full Page Screen Capture - The simplest way to take a full page screenshot of your current browser window.
- Awesome Screenshot: Screen Video Recorder - Screen Capture full page screenshot and recorder for screencast.
- Readme Markdown Generator - CLI that generates beautiful README.md files.
- Write the Docs Conferences
- The LavaCon Content Strategy Conference
- API the Docs
- Technical Communication UK Metro Conference
- WritersUA West Content Pro Conference
- The Developer’s Guide to Content Creation - by Stephanie Morillo
- The Developer’s Guide to Creating a Successful Blog - by Flavio Copes
- Everybody Writes - by Ann Handley
- Technical Writing for Dummies - by Sheryl Lindsell-Roberts
- The Handbook of Technical Writing - by Gerald J. Alre
- How To Write Usable User Documentation, 2nd Edition - by Edmond H. Weiss
- Letting Go of the Words by Janice Redish
- Docs Like Code by Anne Gentle
- The Product is Docs by Christopher Gales
- Every Page is Page One by Mark Baker
- Microsoft Manual of Style
- IBM Editorial Style Guide
- The Red Hat Style Guide
- Google Developer Documentation Style Guide
Credits:Bolaji Ayodeji and Others