Australia coronavirus LIVE UPDATED: NSW government extends $5,000 fine to people who spit at 'all workers' – latest updates

Police in New South Wales charged seven people and issued 45 fines for alleged breaches of Public Health Orders in the past 24 hours.

A few of the fines handed out included:

  • A 43-year-old man who was stopped by police in Kings Cross just after midnight. The man was driving a McLaren 650S in Potts Point. He told officers he was driving to Woolloomooloo to get petrol. After being warned, he informed officers driving is a form of exercise. The man and his 60-year-old passenger were each issued a $1000 fine. The driver allegedly told police “do what you want mate, I don’t care. This $1,000 fine won’t hurt with my $15m.”
  • At about 8.40am, officers attended a home in Auburn and found four men congregating in a small room, with one man hiding behind the door. Only one of the four men, a 39-year-old, resided at the address and no one in the group – including a 25-year-old man from Guildford, a 36-year-old man from another Auburn address and a 40-year-old man from Fairfield East – are related. They were each issued a $1,000 fine.
  • At about 12.30am, officers stopped and spoke to a 29-year-old man in Pendle Hill. The man was issued a $1,000 fine after telling police he was out to go a visit a friend.
  • At about 2am, officers stopped and spoke to a 19-year-old woman in Enmore. The woman was issued a $1,000 fine after telling officers she was going to pay rent in Lakemba and then drive to Cabramatta to buy a pork roll.
  • Just after 4pm, officers spoke with a 22-year-old man at a shopping centre in Mt Druitt about being in a public place without a reasonable excuse. The man had previously been warned and after telling police he was on his way to a friend’s house to “smoke weed” he was subsequently issued a $1,000 fine.
  • At about 12.50am officers attended a home in Merewether, Newcastle, following reports of a party. Police found six people sitting on an upstairs balcony area. Three people were directed to leave as it was not their place of residence. One of the men – aged 40 – allegedly refused to leave and yelled at police. He eventually complied and together with a 49-year-old man and a 50-year-old woman, they were issued a $1,000 fine.

For more

1 Like
Friendly Websites