Anybody have Microsoft 10 Enterprise or Education? I have a question

I thought I got lucky. I bought a a pro key, but when I activated it, it turned out to be Windows Enterprise. It’s been nice for certain things, but I wasn’t able to upgrade to the October update with the updater app or media creation tool.

Does anybody that has Enterprise or Education (which I heard is pretty much the same) been able to get the new update? I read somewhere that you get it with Windows update with Enterprise and Education, but the updater app said I don’t have it. So I must’ve not got it yet. Should I just wait? If people already got it with Enterprise or Education then I’ll know its just my Windows and something is wrong.

1 Like

May be it just hasn’t been released for ur hardware
could give the details(model number, brand) of the device.

2 Likes

Yes @Techtanic is right about this. It also depends on the country, where and when they will provide these updates.

If it meets your hardware requirements and still didn’t get the updates then you just have to wait and should check manually time by time.

Did you go through this?

1 Like

@Techtanic and @Niace I ran the ISO and The updater app they both said I meet the requirements. They just they don’t have my Windows edition. If it’s still being released then that makes me feel better. It probably just hasn’t gotten to me yet. I’m thinking it’s probably like the 2018 update and being released in blocks like it said in the link Niace posted. As for computer I’m on Linux right now and it turned out they give more info then I can get on Windows. Anyway I looked up different commands and the inxi -Fx command seemed to have all the needed info. Tell Me if there is anything else you need to know. Also I live in the United States so I don’t think that is what is delaying my update, and I know it’s an old computer…

I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise and Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS

Machine: Type: Desktop System: HP-Pavilion product: AY587AA-ABA MS225 v: N/A
serial: <superuser/root required>
Mobo: Hewlett-Packard model: Capirona serial: <superuser/root required> BIOS: Phoenix v: 5.13
date: 11/26/2009
Battery: Device-1: hidpp_battery_0 model: Logitech Wireless Keyboard charge: 55% (should be ignored)
CPU: Topology: Dual Core model: AMD Athlon II X2 250 bits: 64 type: MCP arch: K10 rev: 2
L2 cache: 2048 KiB
flags: lm nx pae sse sse2 sse3 sse4a svm bogomips: 6399
Speed: 1600 MHz min/max: 800/1600 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 1600 2: 1600
Graphics: Device-1: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] RS780M [Mobility Radeon HD 3200]
vendor: Hewlett-Packard driver: radeon v: kernel bus ID: 01:05.0
Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.8 driver: radeon resolution: 1366x768~63Hz
OpenGL: renderer: AMD RS780 (DRM 2.50.0 / 5.4.0-52-generic LLVM 10.0.0) v: 3.3 Mesa 20.0.8
direct render: Yes
Audio: Device-1: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] SBx00 Azalia vendor: Hewlett-Packard
driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel bus ID: 00:14.2
Sound Server: ALSA v: k5.4.0-52-generic
Network: Device-1: Qualcomm Atheros AR242x / AR542x Wireless Network Adapter vendor: Hewlett-Packard
driver: ath5k v: kernel port: 9000 bus ID: 02:00.0
IF: wls4 state: up mac: 00:17:c4:c8:3f:a2
Device-2: Realtek RTL810xE PCI Express Fast Ethernet vendor: Hewlett-Packard driver: r8169

1 Like

It seems the updates are being delayed or not compatible with your hardware. But I could be wrong.
I think there is nothing I could do but if you have time then please go through: Windows Blog OR Here to start a discussion and contact with experts to figure out your exact problems.

Hope this might help.

2 Likes

Hi, Exactly what type of update you’re speaking about? if you’re talking quoting hardware driver’s update most of them are out of support. if you’re looking for October features update in which features is questionable generally in my experience enterprises will get a common security update same time as other versions of windows but for pro features or enterprises features it will take some more time to get an upgrade in my case my home edition is upgraded and pro edition says up to date but features of the home edition I didn’t get in pro so we can wait for it. if you’re brought from an authorized vendor rise ticket is Microsoft support. check the following link:-

1 Like

I was talking about the October upgrade. We did get some security updates. It turned Windows Defender back on when I thought I had it disabled for good. Since we can’t even make an ISO for Enterprise it makes me think it’s seen differently and will be treated so. I’ll just wait until it gets to me. Idk though maybe the upgrade program just read it wrong because of the version and I do have the upgrade, because like I said I do know I got the new security updates and Windows update is up to date. As for the computer yeah it’s old. I’m planning to manually upgrade some stuff. HP has a website that shows the compatible hardware for my model that I can use to upgrade it, but it’s also good to know that although its a old computer it has what’s needed for the october update. Future updates maybe not, but it said everything was fine for this one.

You have both Home and Pro? On Home I felt so restricted I had to go pro. As you can tell by the difference in updates they don’t treat it as good as the others and you get extra perks with the others that you don’t get on Home.

1 Like

Dude relaxes, you can query in Microsoft support regarding this and yes I have a home and pro .dude it’s not about version, and its price basically home has more focus on entertainment for regular computer works, but pro has certain features that update should be compatible. I will see this Sunday if my professional windows get updates I will reply in this thread.

Regarding enterprises ISO and update have you tried this link below which I mentioned.
https://my.visualstudio.com/downloads if you have a subscription you can download from here.
there you can use update assistant and check for it and even you can make ISO if not I will search and get you an lSO Image for the enterprise edition. else if you required windows 10 Enterprises or PRO ISO I will try to find but those are unofficial links.

3 Likes

No I don’t have a visual studio subscription. So thank you! I’ll love an Enterprise ISO! I’ve been trying to get one since I upgraded to replace my installation media, and if it lets me upgrade too that will be awesome! It will help me a lot!

1 Like

Dude my professional windows didn’t received October feature update then i checked few article and found for enterprises and professional they have different channel on service level agreement if you bought retail you can query Microsoft regarding this for further information… You need iso ??Image of latest updated version?

1 Like

That would be great I really need an Enterprise ISO to keep in case I have problems rather it lets me update or not. Since I can’t use the media creation tool for installation media when it comes to Enterprise. I’m fine waiting for the update. I just wanted to know if there was a problem with my installation or if it was a common thing. Now I understand that it’s just different versions get the update at different times.

Btw I’m a girl …

1 Like

Sorry :smiley: ok i will get ISO torrent you can download and keep it.