AlliteBooks | Script Of The Biggest Resources For Developers Ebooks

Oldie but goodie. I suppose most people here are famiiar with www.allitebooks.org, one of the biggest resources for developers ebooks (and mostly in PDF!! yeah! f*ck ePub crap!). Some time I ago I found this script which apparently (it’s in chinese or something and I’m too lazy to review the code) crawls that website and returns all the files properly indexed, so you can download a lot of them at once (say, maybe you want 2020 ASP.NET Core books and all 2019 Java books), in an easy way. Also you can just copy a bunch of links and paste them in IDM and let it work its magic.

Here is the GitHub: https://github.com/wangzhengya/allitebooks

pd: I will NOT answer:

• Stupid questions
  • Questions whose answers can be easily be found by yourself.
  • If you have aquestion, YOU MUST ALWAYS TRY TO SOLVE IT BY YOURSELF BEFORE ASKING!! No
    tolerance for grown-ups with the mentality of a 5 year old child. DIY always!!
  • No answers to people who call me " bro"

ASK ONLY (in a CLEAR and COMPLETE way. For example, saying “it doesn’t work” is NOT GOOD, NOT CLEAR AND INCOMPLETE information!) if you have exhausted ALL resources (Google, stack overflow, whatever…) previously without finding a satisfactory response.

DISCLAIMER : No Copyright Infringement Intended, All Rights Reserved to the Actual Owner.

This content has been shared under Educational And Non-Profit Purposes Only.

EDITED BY @SaM

18 Likes

thanks @SaM

You’re welcome but my name is not Sam, though.

2 Likes

Hey buddy (it’s not bro, so it’s ok right :innocent:), thanks.

Perhaps you can shed some light on this? I’m running the script and it’s indexing all pages. Is this normal or did I miss a step?

Hey Mike, no worries. To be totaliy honest with you, I haven’t checked much of the script (the chinese stuff kind of gives me headaches haha) or messed with it.
What I have found useful for me now are the .txt lists generated by the tool who are also on the GitHub url. I also wondered about what you asked because I got the same thing, and it’s probably because we didn’t specify a criteria for the books we’re searching, so the crawler goes through all the books in all the site, thus taking a lot of time.

1 Like

Thanks Love you bro